the clock stopped in F7 ?!

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:30:07 UTC 2007

To return to this thread, i'm now seeing this same problem on a
*second* system running Fedora 7 (x86).  So this is most definitely
not a hardware problem.  The 2nd system does not have the same
motherboard as the 1st, so its not even a motherboard specific
problem.  The only commonality between the two systems is that they
both have AMD CPUs, however one system is dual core, the other is not.

Again, this problem only seems to happen if the system is sitting idle
(like over the past 3 day weekend).  Beyond that, I can't find any way
to deterministically trigger the behavior.  Surely, I can't be in some
weird bermuda triangle where my systems all hit this weirdness, yet no
one else?