kernel panic

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Sep 5 14:18:06 UTC 2007

Andrew Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 06:48 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I have 2 gb of ram now and when I try to boot the copied Fedora 7 it
>> errors out this way.
>>
>>     The root is right and the kernel address is right.
>> Uncompressing Linux is fine
>>
>> Unable to access resume device (LABEL=swap2)
>>
>> 6 lines of trash and then kernel panic.
>>
>>     I have already loaded a 386 fedora 7 on the computer and it loads
>> without a problem. So the problem is that the copied version will not
>> run in the new computer.
>>

> Hi Karl,
>
> it's kind of difficult anyway to do remote debugging, it's even more so
> when trying to work with paraphrased error messages.
>
> If at all possible, please supply verbatim error messages, both log file
> snippets and console messages.
>
> Andy

    It's a problem because the problem is with another computer where it
doesn't boot up :-)

But I will try working with it from the Rescue disk and see if I can
find the problem. The dam LABEL problem is a pain of huge proportions.
The LABEL=swap2 was a second drive that no longer exists. I do love LABEL's.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User