nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Tue Apr 1 04:41:02 UTC 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:03:11PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
>> I have a unique opportunity in that both my server and my laptop are
>> running F8 with nvidia cards, so I can try one way on one computer and
>> another way on the other, and see how it goes.  For now, I simply don't do
>> kernel upgrades on the server unless I see atrpms has the right nvidia
>> drivers already, which is a hassle.  Maybe I'll try dkms there.
>
> Or try yum-plugin-kmdl.

"This yum plugin ensures that new kernel packages will get the same
"kmdls" installed like the currently installed kernels have."

Does that mean it will prevent a kernel from getting installed if the
matching kmdls are not available?  I wasn't able to find anything else
on it, not even at
http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumPlugins