F8: Thinkpad T61 wakes up at random after hibernating (more detailes)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Apr 1 11:34:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 21:49 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> So, after another irritating night when the T61 simply won't go hibernate, I
> switched on tail -f /var/log/messages and this is what I get: (note that it
> went to sleep at 23:39 and woke up at 23:41...)

> Any suggestions? I did file a Bugzilla report....
>
> trotter

Well, add this to your bug report.  Also, anything of interest
in /var/log/pm-*.log?

Check your BIOS boot options for "wake on <something>" and make sure
those are all turned off.  Then you might try going through the results
of lsmod and putting modules in /etc/pm/config.d/unload_modules.  For
example, in order to keep my T61 from waking on suspend, I need:

        SUSPEND_MODULES="ehci_hcd ohci_hcd"

(Sorry, I don't recall everything you've tried, so if you already tried
some of these, I apologize.)
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences