FireFox: How to set font-size for F/F menu?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Apr 1 15:39:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 06:23:06PM +0300, Antti J. Huhtala wrote:

> ti, 2008-04-01 kello 09:51 -0600, Aaron Konstam kirjoitti:

> > > Try pressing the Ctrl key of your keyboard and simultaneously scrolling
> > > the wheel of your mouse if it has got one.
> > >
> > > Antti
> > >

> > That changes the size of the font in the display as does ctrl + but does
> > nothing to the menu fonts. So does Preferences->Content
> >
> Yes, I realized Dan was talking about *menu* fonts and not page fonts
> right after pressing the "Send" button. It was 05:47 local and I should
> have been in bed for hours.
> > I would go to: about:config There are lots of font configurations there.
> > Maybe one will be relevant.
> It may be more involved than that. No doubt menu font sizes can be
> altered *somewhere*...

There are two places that will affect the menu (and other fonts which
are part of the program rather than of the web pages being
displayed):-

    The 'skin' being used, I *think* you may be able to change the
    font sizes used in the chrome directory under .mozilla.

    The desktop being used may set font sizes and firefox probably
    tries to inherit these.

--
Chris Green