Punch Cards.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Apr 2 14:56:54 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> and as for everyone going on about punch cards...perhaps in 20 more
> years, it will be considered ancient history but now, there are way too
> many of us still around that remember them to make them an interesting
> story.
>
> Craig

I can remember writing a BASIC program that let you type in, and
edit code, and would them write it to mag tape. I would then take
the tape down to the IBM 360 and you it as input data for a program
that would then output them to the high speed card punch. The only
problem was that the high speed punch would not print on the top of
the card, so it was harder to know what the card said. Now if only
they would have had the high speed punch on the same system as the
terminals...

Mikkel