FC6 mount ntfs-3g problem.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Apr 2 18:11:08 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
>>
>>  If it was just a permissions problem, 'mount' would give an error
>>  message. Likewise if it wasn't in the user's path (it's possible though
>>  unlikely that $PATH gets him a different version of 'mount'; using
>>  '/bin/mount' would get round that).
>>
>>  poc
>>
> He is saying that mount works as root and not a regular user but once
> its mounted it works for the user, usually that is a permissions
> issue. I know F8 you get an error message but he is on FC6.
>
> Max

I thought that it was listed in fstab with the user(s) option, the
way his is, that the mount command was run as root, as long as you
ran "mount <mount point>" or "mount <device>". On the other hand,
using the format "mount <device> <mount point>" requires root
permissions. But I have not used entries in /fstab for removable
devices for a while - I use HAL instead.

Mikkel