BBC news 24 video in F8?

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:55:45 UTC 2008

Does anyone (mainly in the UK) get BBC news 24 video to play nicely in F8.

I can go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/ and click on the BBC news 24 link near
the top of the page. It plays in the new window that pops up with repeated
flashing green on the image.  I have Real_10 installed and select to play
in Real 10.

I also have mplayer installed, and VLC.

However once the video is playing I can select to "launch in stand alone
player" and on one machine this works ok but on another machine with
an nvidia graphics card (and using kmod-nvidia) the colours are wrong
with green and red hues in the wrong places!

Does anyone have a link to a how-to for playing BBC news video in F8
that I could try?