chmod 666 ///

Bruce Hyatt brucejhyatt at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 17:07:04 UTC 2008

I carelessly executed "chmod 666 ///" from a terminal as su in a
user account. It caused various problems because of permissions,
of course.

I rebooted, logged into root and executed "chmod 777 ///" which
enabled me to log into my account but when I tried to start
xwindows I wound up with a blank screen. Same thing with root
account.

Anyone know what I can do to get back to "normal?"

Thanks in advance,
Bruce