DDNS and fedora

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Fri Apr 4 05:15:26 UTC 2008

I have a networking question for you guys, which would be easy for me to
fix anywhere but on Fedora. And I'd also like to avoid a debate... NM
just doesn't cut atm unless this backend scripting gets worked out.

I have a ddns network, which does work but it needs to have the hostname
sent to it. Ie; dhclient -H works, but unless it is run manually the
forward and reverse mapping is not done by dhcpd.

I checked that dhclient.conf has send hostname in it, but I doubt very
much that it is being read as I have made changes there to no effect. I
believe somewhere in the scripting there is an issue- the hostname
settings getting overridden or something.

I've checked the man pages, and they say to only adjust dhclient.conf,
or add hooks. I've adjusted the hostname settings everywhere (not
simultaneously) to see if it'll work- ng.

Anyone else got ddns to work here and know what's missing? BTW I'm
testing on a wifi connection, but I doubt thats the problem.

Cheers