Missing dvb_demux.h and other dvb headers, em28xx module

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Apr 7 15:47:10 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

Í'm attempting to compile some user-space driver for a em28xx-based
DVB-T device (Pinnacle Hybrid Pro).

gcc complains about missing dvb-related headers, that are not installed
w/ the kernel-devel packages. I wonder if I should add them manually
from the kernel sources package in /usr/src/kernel/...., but maybe
there's a better way to do it?

Also, whereas I can see that the em28xx kernel module is installed
(/lib/modules/2.6.24.4-64.fc8/kernel/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx.ko),
trying to load it using `modprobe em28xx` as root gives:

# modprobe em28xx
FATAL: Module em28xx not found.

What am I missing? Any suggestion would be welcome!

Regards,

--
wwp