OT: Programming in C

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:10:25 UTC 2008

2008/4/7 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Monday 07 April 2008 18:39:13 max bianco wrote:
>  > I have seen some of these, most notably the Teach Yourself C in 24
>  > hours, I am avoiding this one as I think it highly unlikely that C can
>  > be taught in so short a time . I tend to leery of any book that claims
>  > to teach anything in so short a time frame but perhaps they are aiming
>  > at the advanced programmer with that one.
>
>  Don't discount this, for the first stage anyway.  When they say 'in 24 hours'
>  they are referring to 24 lessons, each of which should take you one hour to
>  go through.  You are expected, however, to treat it like a tutorial:  go away
>  and work with each chapter until you thoroughly understand it before taking
>  the next lesson.
>
>  I don't know the C books, but I have seen examples of these books.  I bought
>  TY linux in 24 hours when I first started.  It's not in depth, but it's a
>  fairly good starter.
>
>  Anne

That's two votes so far for the Teach yourself line of books. I will
most definitely be looking in to them again. I probably should not
have discounted them based solely on the title but I have read a few
(non-programming) books that claimed to teach alot in a short amount
of time but they usually seemed either rushed or oriented toward more
advanced students.

thanks

Max

Max