OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:54:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM,  <rlengland at verizon.net> wrote:
> >From: max bianco <maximilianbianco at gmail.com>
>  >Date: 2008/04/07 Mon PM 12:48:46 CDT
>  >To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>  >Subject: Re: OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic      hitchhiker?
>

>  >On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>  >> Ric Moore wrote:
>  >>
>  >> > On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
>  >> >
>  >> > > I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
>  >> > > long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
>  >> > > any of them will do anything useful.
>  >> > >
>  >> >
>  >> > True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
>  >> > Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric
>  >> >
>  >> >
>  >>  Hell with mindset, I'd settle for a working *mind*... as one of the online
>  >> cartoons noted, it's a thrill to have a candidate who can speak in complete
>  >> sentences.
>  >>
>  >
>  >Actually if they were all mute I think we might be better off. I am
>  >tired of hearing why I shouldn't vote for the other guy, how about
>  >someone gives me a reason to vote for them without slamming the
>  >competition! Now that would be something!!
>  >
>  >Max
>  >

>  Are you hearing this in the context of a presentation by the candidate first hand or as a >sound-byte presented by the news media or the oppositions organization?

The candidates hide behind their campaigns so often they won't say it
themselves but the campaign spokesman or an aide will say it. To me
its all the same, it is the candidates campaign so saying that it
wasn't Obama or Clinton or McCain that actually said it doesn't matter
to me because they should be controlling who says what and when, if
they cannot control the people that work for them now what makes you
think they will have any control when one of them makes it to the
white house.

>  The two candidates I've heard, spent very little time, tearing down their opposition (though >I admit it was there) than they did attempting to present their vision and goals (but not so >much the plan, when I heard them).

They are all full of grandiose visions and ideas but who's going to
pay for it all? That's the real key! It's nice to talk about new
programs and healthcare reforms etc....but where is the money coming
from?

>  I am suspicious of the media, these days (especially TV) because they are controlled by >business interests who want them to sell air time and nothing draws listeners like >controversy (or so they think).

The media doesn't help matters that's for sure.

Max