problems with dial-up

Edwin Tan edwintan at creativedesigner.biz
Wed Apr 9 13:51:38 UTC 2008

hi Bruce,
if you are using ADSL router modem, you just need
to key in the login details to router during initial installation by
connect to it through its default webpage url usually 192.168.1.1
or 192.168.0.1 depending the the manufacturer of
the ADSL router modem. After that using the same LAN link to it
you can surf the web, since most LAN NICs are supported
by Fedora nowadays. So, the router keeps the account info
for you. And, if you plug in a switch to the router modem,
and add more computers set with DHCP. And that's it.
Rather than worrying about dial up.

thanks

regards,
Edwin Tan.