Thank you, unknown genius!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 10 03:58:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 16:19 -0600, Anton Solovyev wrote:
> 2. No bogus warning "do you want to install boot loader on the disk other than
> you are installing the OS?". Messed me up a bit with FC8, CentOS silently did
> the right thing: installed the OS on drive #2 and put boot loader on #1.
>
> (There must be a good reason for printing a warning message against making the
> only bootable configuration, I am sure).

It's hardly a bogus warning not to go messing up what might be a
dual-boot system by destroying your current booting system, which you
might still need to use.

One of the big complaints about other systems is that they'd take over
the bootup, and destroy things that the user needed keeping as they
were.

The user should be warned, and be able to customise things, while
installing and setting up.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.