tfpd/in.tftpd problem

Wink Saville wink at saville.com
Thu Apr 10 17:51:07 UTC 2008

Wink Saville wrote:
> Yesterday I installed rawhide and installed tftpd.
> When anther computer tries to access a file in /tftpboot
> my computer returns a packet that wireshark interprets as:
>
> "Destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited)"

<snip>

To possibly help others. It is now working, I did
two things, using Applications -> System Tools ->
SELinux Management I disabled SELinux instead of using
permissive mode.

Second, using System -> Administration -> Firewall
I added port 69, both udp and tcp to the "Other Ports".
Then external tftp reqeusts for a file worked.

Wink Saville