some attack to fedora machine .

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Apr 10 23:17:34 UTC 2008

subhodip biswas writes:

> Hi !
>

> one more thing , I monitored my bandwidth activity for than two hours
> for my windows box and found upload is quit stable in tha ratio of
> 1:23  (upload:download) approx.
> But my linux machine is having a ratio of 1:7

You can screw around with your compromised machine as long as you want, and
all you will end up doing is wasting your time.

Since you acknowledge that you managed to get your Windows install trojaned,
by the virtue of that it also increases the likely chance that you had your
Linux install rootkited as well. That's very much possible.

The only option you have is to reformat your hard drive completely, and
reinstall both Windows and Linux. There is no magic wand you can wave to
that will miraculously fix all of your issues. It's clear, based on what
you've posted, that you do not have the necessary knowhow to conduct a full
forensic analysis on your compromise machine. That, of course, is not
entirely your fault, but you just have to come to grips that you have lost
control of your machine, and that in order to regain it, you must wipe
everything and reinstall from scratch.