some attack to fedora machine .

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 01:50:21 UTC 2008

Edwin Tan wrote:
> hi Subhodip,
> Please check below link for antivirus program download for linux.

> thanks.

Running virus scans is a waste of time. If you believe its compromised
wipe the drive and flash the bios. I don't mean just format and install
either. Write zeros (maybe more than once) to the harddrive. Make sure
the MBR does not survive. Do not backup anything! if you have something
that you absolutely cannot do with out, I don't mean MP3's either, then
back that up to a cd and label it clearly and scan only that, more than
once with multiple antivirus scanners, rootkit scanners, use windows and
Linux antivirus scanners and rootkit hunters. if these are something for
which you have a checksum then makesure that it matches the original no
matter what or shred it. Yes i mean physically shred or otherwise
destroy the cd. If the the files fail a single test, consider them
tainted and destroy them. Flash the bios because there are viruses that
will compromise the BIOS, these will be cross platform, they will affect
any machine with any OS. Make sure that any external drives that have
ever come into contact with the infected machine get the same treatment.
Wipe it completely clean!

Max