Work Space Switcher - feature, howto ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Apr 11 16:24:01 UTC 2008

Hi Patrick;

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 10:57 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 10:53 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Just a thought.  I would like to setup my workspace switcher so that
> > when I switch work spaces it will show different wallpaper on my
> > desktop.
>
> KDE does this. Are you using Gnome? You don't say.

Yes I am using Gnome.  Sorry, I should have said so.
Ah, so there is a way in, so to speak.  I will look at what KDE does.

> > Also, if possible, I would like to attach my launcher icons on
> > my desktop (not on the panels) to a specific workspace so that when
> > switch work spaces a new set of launchers appropriate to that work space
> > are shown.
>
> KDE 3 doesn't seem to do this OOB. KDE 4 might.
>
> poc

Right now I am logging in to two different users for one person (myself)
depending on what kind of work I am doing.  It would be neater and
faster if I could setup work spaces that reflected the major task I am
working on or playing in.

--
Regards Bill