machine is freezing all the time, cannot do anything

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 21:25:20 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As I send this message, I run the risk of it not
> getting to where it should.  The machine is constantly
> freezing.  I cannot do anything with it anymore :(
>
> What should I do to troubleshoot it?
>
> Here's smoltProfile:
>
> To share your profile:
>
> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_d987b6b2-71ec-4cfd-82c8-e822f9a5ec5a
> (public)
>
> Suggestions/Advice/Comments/Welcome :)
>
> I tried to install the update, but the machine crashed
> and did not accept them :(
>
> TIA,
>
> Antonio

> http://mail.yahoo.com

A memory test has already been suggested, check the harddrive as well
but actually if you could provide some more info as to what led up to
this it might help. Notice any strange behavior? crashing apps? random
crashing? Recently installed software or hardware? The driver for your
video card is listed as unknown. Providing the smolt profile is good but
there are still plenty of unknowns. How does it do running on the older
kernel(there should be one installed).

Max