fonts on a lcd monitor

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Apr 11 22:26:03 UTC 2008

LostSon wrote:
:  I have recently gotten a 28 inch lcd monitor and fonts are not looking as
: crisp as I would like especially white text on a black background in a
: terminal for instance or with a transparent background. I am using a fully
: updated Fedora 8 install with a nvidia 7600GS graphics card using the livna
: nvidia drivers. The monitor I have is a HANNS-G hg281-D. I am looking for
: suggestions on how to make these fonts look better in this situation. I have
: the option
:
: Option "DPI" "96x96"
:
: set in my xorg.conf as suggested on the fedora forums and that has helped as
: far as the other text on the screen for instance the menu's and text in the
: gui's looks very good its seems to be just light text on dark backgrounds,
: thanks in advance for tips or tricks you may have.

Have you checked that you are running the panel at its native
resolution (1920x1200, I think)? If not, then the card or the panel
has to scale the video data and this will ruin otherwise sharp fonts.

Dean