Punch cards

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Apr 12 00:34:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:54:40 -0400
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> Then we got a new FE who took the
> machine down, reseated each little board with a thumb and tap with a
> plastic mallet, and started diagnostics.

Ah yes, every once in a while a competent service guy comes around.
I remember one who worked on the gear at FAU back in the dark ages
who would scratch his initials on every bad board he sent back to
be repaired at the factory. If he ever found his initials on a board
that needed to be sent back again, it would have a shipping
accident instead of making it back for repair :-).