Fedora 9 and Citrix issue

Todd N todd655495 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 03:58:12 UTC 2008

Thanks for the reply, Richard.  However, in Fedora 8, when using the tar.gz version (again, not the rpm) of the Citrix client we did not need to install openmotif.  The same problem did exist as I described below after installing the client; however all we needed to do was update to the latest version of libxcb and the problem ceased to occur.  Now in Fedora 9, the same Citrix client, with the most recent libxcb package, is not working again.

While your solution may have worked for you, it seems to me somewhat jury-rigged (no offense intended) and if possible we'd like to avoid a similar setup here.  We were able to get the Citrix client to work in F8 by simply updating another package (libxcb); it would seem reasonable that something similar should work in Fedora 9.

Thanks,
Todd