Am I blacklisted?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:06:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 13:46 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 16.04.2008, 11:58 +0100 schrieb Bill Crawford:
> > On 16/04/2008, Christoph Höger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > >  I tried to sent a thread reply two times yesterday.
> > >
> > >  Bot nothing came to the mailing list. Is there some kind of blacklist
> > >  which blocks my mails?
> >
> > You normally won't receive copies of your own emails (and Google, in
> > particular, will try to hide them if you do :o)). You should go to the
> > list options page (via the "To unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the
> > mail, heh) and check you have your subscription set so you receive
> > copies of your own messages. If you're using a web interface for
> > reading you may well need to make other config changes, but try that
> > one first.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I normally do recieve copies of my own messages. The option is enabled.
> I also use evolution for downloading and that _normally_ works.
> It really seems to be some filter.

Make sure you're sending from the same address you used to subscribe to
the list. I've been bitten by that before. In Evo it's quite easy not to
notice that your From: line isn't what you want.

Also, check your Sent Messages label on Gmail to make sure the messages
actually left your machine, and check the list archives to see if they
were received.

poc