Hosed Grub with the push of a button (max bianco)

Croombe F. Pensom croombefp at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 16 17:02:23 UTC 2008

Having recently also come across this problem, I think part of the
answer might lie in the fact that one has to ensure that in "rescue"
mode one can write to the system files. One does this by executing the
following under the grub shell :

mount -n -o remount,rw /

After doing this I was able to edit fstab which had become corrupted and
which prevented the system booting.

I can also recommend the extensive help which you will find on the NU
web site :

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/

I've printed this out and now have it as a valuable resource for any
future problems.

--
This e-mail produced entirely under Linux. Absolutely NO M$ products have been used.