Seniors moment re: searching Fedora Users archive?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Apr 17 16:13:59 UTC 2008

Thanks Alan;

I found the threads that I remembered using fedora-list+cnn.com, but ...

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 11:46 -0400, Alan J. Gagne wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > How do I google for a thread in the users list?
> >
> > I must be having a senior's moment because I cannot find the thread
> > which appeared there a couple of months ago about how to get cnn.com
> > LIVE video to work.  I am getting the following error
> > "
> > STREAM ERROR:
> > Stream cannot be reached. For technical issues, use the FAQ
> > "
> > Have gone through the FAQ, all blockers are off etc.
> >
> > Please remind me how to google correctly in the Fedora list, or point me
> > directly to the thread I am looking for, or suggest how I might get this
> > working.  I am using F8 and Firefox 2.0.0.13

[snip]

CNN.com video clips download fine.  It is the cnn.come LIVE broadcasts
(i.e. live broadcast of the Pope's mass) that I can't get working.

Flash seems to be installed correctly.  I checked for upgrades and none
were available.  Do you think I am missing something (hardware, software
or library)?  It should work in any locale, shouldn't it?

I don't know where to begin looking.  The error message "Stream cannot
be reached." doesn't give me much of a clue.
--
Regards Bill