Quick postfix questions

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:41:47 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm a complete newbie to postfix. I just nuked sendmail on a machine and
started Postfix; it's rejecting emails I am sending to the machine it is
on, and vice-versa. Questions...

1. How do I get it to work to receive and accept mail for a standalone
machine with a dedicated IP/name? I went into /etc/postfix/main.cf,
changed inet_interfaces = all, hardcoded in my machines name, and stopped
and restarted the service. I am running it under Fedora 8, verson 2.4.5-2.

2. How does one get Majordomo 1.94.5 to work with Postfix? Has anyone done
it here? Got a FAQ to point me to?

Thanks for any help! Take care.

Gilbert