low power tv

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Fri Apr 18 03:42:04 UTC 2008

max wrote:
> g wrote:
>>
> I thought some political genius or court decided that the air was
> public domain. Anyway it ought to be!! Phuch the FCC.( I am trying to
> master "Raining Blood" by Slayer on Guitar Hero 3, hence my anti
> social behavior! ; )
>
> Max

This isn't about traditional analog broadcasting.  It's about wireless
networks.  It isn't about Internet access.  It's about neighborhood
intranets.  $80 buys a Nanostation2 that creates a wireless cloud over a
large area, everybody has Ekiga videoconferencing capability, and voila,
there should be community wide local tv shows.  Right?  Is the equipment
too expensive for setting that up?
Tom