Hosed Grub with the push of a button

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 04:04:10 UTC 2008

William Hooper wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:15 PM, max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I really could use a few pointers here as I am not sure that its even
>> possible to recover at this point. I wish I'd have thought to run this
>> command sooner, course i'd not have learned some of the handy info I've
>> picked up since I touched off this mess so I guess I've broken even, not bad
>> but I'd still like to think I could come out ahead on this one or should I
>> just backup and install/upgrade to Sulphur.
>
> It looks like you aren't the only one to be bitten by this:
>
> http://jkeating.livejournal.com/45185.html

Makes me reconsider ever suggesting to anyone to buy Dell again. I
bought it because they said they would honor the hardware warranty
regardless of OS (it came with Winblows) but to slave the hardware to
some idiotic function like that makes me want to climb to the top of
mikey's ivory tower and throw him out the window.  Just kiddin Mikey ; )
(kinda anyway, probably just hang you out the window upside down the
first time) Anyway my shapelier half wants her laptop back in working
order ASAP so I won't get to try to restore F8, just reinstalled : ( it
makes me feel dirty and decidedly anti social. I did learn alot though,
  thanks everyone for all the help.

Max