F8 update kills KDE

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:35:45 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> David Boles <dgboles <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Fedora appears to have gone to great links to make the menus the same so that
>> the 'you go here and run this app' suggestions work no matter what desktop
>> you chose.
>
> That probably used to be the case at some point (around RHL 8.0), but these
> days the KDE and GNOME menus are _very_ different:
> * the categories are different
> * the GNOME menus are at the top of the screen by default, not the bottom
> * GNOME has 2 menus, KDE only one
> * in KDE 4, KDE defaults to Kickoff which isn't really a "menu" in that sense
> at all, and looks extremely different from the GNOME menus (a traditional menu
> is available though, just right-click and choose "Switch to Classic style
> menu")

I stand corrected Kevin. Sorta'.  ;-) What I meant was that the 'Fedora' items
in the menus are in similar places and have the same names. Or they did.

Did that change?

BTW Kevin. Several of my friends, KDE users, tell me that you guys/gals are
doing one heck of a job. Tip of the hat from me to you.

--

   David