Fedora 9 KDE Preview Help

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Tue Apr 22 07:02:47 UTC 2008

Ralph De Witt wrote:
> Hi all:
> I just installed Fedora 9 KDE Preview and I am impressed with Distribution. I
> have never run Fedora in the past, have been a Kubuntu fan, so I am a little
> lost. Were can I find the latest versions of Googleearth and Skype? I also
> need to get my wma's and avi files running, so will also need to get the
> proper codecs. I hope some one can point me to the appropriate repositories
> and help we get them installed to the software updater. Thanks for your help
> and a excellent distribution

Ralph,

You may need to wait until the official release of F9 before the
third-party repositories are completely up to speed - and possibly a
little longer (I haven't checked this myself, but it's been my
experience in the past).

You can get the codecs you want via http://www.mplayerhq.hu
although not everything will use them yet.

when the repositories are up to date, the place I tend to get the
'non-free' elements is livna - http://rpm.livna.org

Regards,

Stuart
--