low power tv

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 22 10:51:50 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> Here, we have rotten AM radio reception.  There's a terrible hum all
>> over the band.  It only went away when the district power failed.  My
>> guess is the nearby high tension power lines are radiating the crap that
>> disrupts it.  You can even hear them audibly, if you go near them.  And
>> they sizzle evilly in wet or damp weather.  ;-)

Antti J. Huhtala:
> Tim, have you thoght about letting the power company know about leaky
> insulators ie. sparking over?  They should be pleased because their
> product is being spilled this way...

I've thought about that before.  But, somehow, I just cannot see ETSA
bothering with the expense of shutting off power, and bringing in all
the equipment needed to get up the huge pole, and replacing or cleaning
the insulators, just for my benefit.  ;-)

In the thirty-odd years that I've lived here, I've never seen them do
any maintenance to them.  So I can't imagine a bit of extra work being
scheduled into regular maintenance to improve them, either.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.