How to cofigure the OPENVPN

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Apr 22 14:14:10 UTC 2008

G M wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem: I’m trying to configure an VPN connection
> from a Linux server using the OpenVPN client, but there is no way to
> make it work. Does anybody know how to configure it? Just the line that
> I must write to connect. I have tried with this command: Openvpn
> –client –remote x.y.x.w but no result.
>
> Just one thing more: I have no certificates.

There are scripts to generate the certificates in
/usr/share/openvpn/easy-rsa. There is also a README explaining what
certificates need to be shared between the server and the client, as
well as how to generate them. Without this, the server is probably
going to reject any connection attempt from your client.

Mikkel