Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Thu Apr 24 15:21:54 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:
> Top posting is universally despised among Linux and Usenet users for
> years and doing so is the mark of a newbie user who comes from a
> Windows-centric background, where such things are condoned like having
> drive letters instead of names.

I've been trying to explain to one of my windoze centric co-workers why
top posting is not appropriate and couldn't find the right words.  Thank
you!  List ettiquete has always been a contentious issue, right from the
beginning when we etched our missives using rock tablets (I vaguely
remember it 8^) but I've always read from left to right and top to
bottom and it's hard, for me anyway, to go at it backwards.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
email: mailto:steve at marmot.org
voice: +1.970.242.3331 ext 116
   fax: +1.970.245.7854