gcc updates

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 25 03:46:55 UTC 2008

don fisher wrote:
> When are the versions of gcc components included in the devel repository
> added to the standard distribution.
That occurs at release eg 2008-05-13 for f9 at this stage.

> I tried to upgrade from the devel repository,
> but that failed due to missing dependencies. I think that once the gcc
> was updated, almost everything else that links to the library was
> included by yum.
Yes, it is a defining part of a distro release - everything has to be
built against it; once that is done, it is no longer the same release,
and no packages built against the original gcc will probably work properly.

> Is there a path to request such an upgrade?
questions for yourself:
- can I try Fedora 9 Preview on my machine ?
- can I try it in a virtual machine ?
- can I try the developer live spin

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule
[2] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/