DI-LB604 load balancing router and /etc/resolv.conf

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 25 08:15:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:38:54 +0930
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I could imagine problems where you start off on a HTTP server and get
> handed over to a HTTPS one.  e.g. Shopping systems, where the browsing
> is ordinary HTTP, and the checkout is not.

And?

The "security check" wouldn't start until you're on the https site, so it
shouldn't make any difference -- once you're on the https site everything runs
through one connection.  If it is an issue (which I suspect would be very rare),
then you can always add that site to the list of IP addresses to direct to a
single WAN connection only.