Fedora Installation Problems

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Apr 25 19:17:04 UTC 2008

Sushant Vengurlekar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't have any IDE drives. But just as a note. I tried installing
> ubuntu to see if it's a Linux issue and Ubuntu installed fine on both
> machines. So I am guessing Fedora is missing some drivers. How can I fix
> this?

If you can figure out which drivers you need, you can "add" them via
external media during the install process, though you may need to use an
advanced install.  I was able to give a URL to networked drivers (I
think it was a fixed anaconda installer) during my FC5->F8 upgrade on
my home server.  It got further along, but because of the nature of the
problem, I ended up punting and just upgrading the packages by hand.
Yes, it was a long involved process, but I eventually got a working F8
system out of it and things got back to normal relatively quickly once I
got all of my "features" working again.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com