firefox and mplayer issue

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Apr 26 22:36:03 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 15:18 -0400, Mauriat M wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Gerhard Magnus <magnus at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> >  I can't get mplayer to work with firefox anymore. I'm using firefox
> >  2.0.0.14. Running yum install mplayerplug-in gives
> >  Package gecko-mediaplayer - 0.6.1-1.lvn8.i386 already installed and
> >  latest version
> >  Nothing to do
> >  but the plugin directory only contains this:
> >  root at PuteB Sat Apr 26 08:35:38
> >  [336] /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.14/plugins $ ls
> >  libflashplayer.so  libnullplugin.so  libunixprintplugin.so
> >  What else do I need to copy there?
> >  Thanks for the help!  --Jerry
>
> Keep in mind there are multiple places for plugins.
> Start with:
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

magnusg at PuteB Sat Apr 26 15:19:02
[930] /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins $ ls
gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so   libswfdecmozilla.so
gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.xpt  libtotem-basic-plugin.so
gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so    libtotem-basic-plugin.xpt
gecko-mediaplayer-qt.xpt   libtotem-complex-plugin.so
gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so    libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt
gecko-mediaplayer-rm.xpt   libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
gecko-mediaplayer.so       libtotem-gmp-plugin.xpt
gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so   libtotem-mully-plugin.so
gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.xpt  libtotem-mully-plugin.xpt
gecko-mediaplayer.xpt      libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
libflashplayer.so          libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.xpt
libgnashplugin.so          nphelix.so
libjavaplugin.so           nphelix.xpt

I think the gecko* files come from the installation of mplayerplug-in

> What does "about:plugins" show you when you enter that into Firefox?
Shockwave Flash
DivX Browser Plug-In  File name: gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so
QuickTime Plug-in 6.0 / 7  File name: gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so
RealPlayer 9  File name: gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
Windows Media Player Plug-in  File name: gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so
gecko-mediaplayer 0.6.1  File name: gecko-mediaplayer.so
Shockwave Flash  File name: nswrapper_32_32.libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash  File name: nswrapper_32_32.libswfdecmozilla.so
Helix DNA Plugin nswrapper_32_32.nphelix.so
NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 0.9.91.5  File name: npwrapper.so
Totem Web Browser Plugin 2.20.1  File name: libtotem-basic-plugin.so
Helix DNA Plugin  File name: libtotem-complex-plugin.so
Windows Media Player Plug-in 10  File name: libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
DivX® Web Player  File name: libtotem-mully-plugin.so
QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0  File name: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
GCJ Web Browser Plugin 1.4   File name: gcjwebplugin.so
Shockwave Flash  File name: libflashplayer.so