low power tv

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 27 07:07:25 UTC 2008

From: "Tim" <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, 2008, April 26 23:47

> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 23:15 -0700, jdow wrote:
>> Send then a formal interference complaint.
>>
>> If that does not work repeat it; and, copy it to the FCC.
>>
>> See the ants scramble around after their nest is disturbed.
>
> "Here," where I wrote about, being Australia.  So it wouldn't be the
> FCC, but the Dept of Communications and Transport.  Who're not overly
> known for being particularly caring...  Though they did decide that
> they'd jam some illegal broadcasters, once (oil refineries, out at sea,
> being their own radio stations), only to get in trouble for illegally
> broadcasting, themselves.  ;-)
>
> Nor fast...  It took them somewhere around ten years to revoke the
> license of some broadcaster, for flagrant violations that had been going
> on that entire time.
>
> I suppose I should go through the motions, though.  But I suspect that
> the electricity co. would probably be more worried about power losses
> than causing RFI.  But they may not be losing enough to care.

The FCC isn't any better than your "people", although they do respond
to CONSUMER complaints fairly dramatically once they move. The copy to
the FCC (or in Oz the DCT) is simply a motivator. Over here penalties
are assessed "per day." So document the days of interference and toast
the power company appropriately.

I suspect this is pretty much the case in any "First World" nation.
Over in Mugabeland I'd not bother.

{^_-}