fedora 8 hacked?

tom lee freemail168 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:24:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> Microsoft gives a warning about corruption before crashing. A Big "Windows"
> splash screen corruption warning come up just at boot.
>
> Oh, you meant filesystem corruption, not the vendor. Ignore.

as long as there is a crash, either in windows or linux, nobody likes it.
Wha I mean is that if there is problem, either the system doesn't
response or shutdown,  better turn to "RO" stage in linux.
because you don't know there is a problem. As  I said, I used the
fedora 8 for sending out the email only. No email will be bounced when
turning the whole filesystem into read only mode. All emais sent out
using the computer were just discarded since it cannot generate the
file in /var directory. It might take days or weeks to know there are
something wrong with the computer.
Don't you prefer the system got shutdown with "shutdown -r -F now"?