g77 problem with -lstdc++

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Apr 27 22:56:20 UTC 2008

Paul Smith wrote:
|On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Daniel B. Thurman
|<dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:
|> Paul Smith wrote:
|>  |>  Actually, I am trying to compile Algacan from
|>  |>
|>  |>  http://www.ime.usp.br/~egbirgin/tango/codes.php
|>  |>
|>  |>  and I am not being successful.
|>  |
|>  |In addition, see
|>  |
|>  |http://www.ime.usp.br/~egbirgin/tango/c.php
|>  |

[
snip - long explaination: cannot compile bundle
        but was able to run "toy" test applications.
]

|Thanks, Daniel. Have you tried toyprob.c? The C interface is the
|problematic one as well as the R one.

The "R" one?  Dunno what you are talking about.

As for C/C++, just individually download each file as instructed
on the download page but in addition, include algencan.f since
that file was ommitted from the page.  Need this to complete
compilation.

Both gcc(C) and g++(C++) "toy" interfaces compiles and runs.

> make
g++ -O4 -Df2cFortran -c cwrapper.c
g++ -O4 -Df2cFortran -c toyprob.c
g77 -O4 -xf77-cpp-input -c algencan.f
g++ -O4 -Df2cFortran -c algencanma.c
g77 -O4 -lstdc++ cwrapper.o toyprob.o algencanma.o algencan.o \
                        -o algencanma

./algencanma - runs, no problem.
(will not output results, no point.)

Checked by AVG.