fedora 9 pre release

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 28 00:12:25 UTC 2008

lostson wrote:

>  Ok then Rahul then so what your saying is if your sound doesnt work your card isnt supported and thats that.,or is it. Are there some other magical tools that are being put into fedora that I missed in my preview release fun ?

My first reply had a reference to

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-March/msg02148.html

That has all the details on why the utility has been dropped. This tool
was written long back and hasn't been updated to deal with a number of
new technologies that makes the tool obsolete or worse causes more harm
  compared to any advantages left with it.

Rahul