Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Apr 28 21:15:03 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:

> Adobe Flash is something I can't for the life of me figure out why
> anyone would use. You can't kill the adds like you can with gnash and
> it leaves a gaping security hole in everything it touches.

Because it is the closest thing we have to a universal video format.
Pure and simple, if I want to put out something like a "How to assemble"
or a video of a meeting, I could do wmv for the MS folk, and ogg for the
Linux folk, and {can't remember} for the Mac folk (I have a script for
ffmpeg), or I can do flash and everyone can use it.

If you want to communicate with others, and view their communication
with you, flash is the format to use.

If you never communicate with the outside world, it's optional.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>