DI-LB604 load balancing router

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 28 23:13:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:03:31 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> I called Dlink tech support and the guy there had never heard of such a
> problem.  Ultimately, after trying several things (reduce MTU, disable and
> physically unplug the second modem, move the modem from WAN1 to WAN2) he said
> there's nothing that he can do to help me and I should return the router to
> where I purchased it.  He will pass the problem report along to the engineering
> department.

For anyone who's interested in the continuing story of this load balancing
router, I phoned Dlink tech support again today.  This time I was referred to
three different phone numbers before I got to talk to the right someone in
"business tech support". Odd  -- when I called on Friday I got right through to
the right guy with the first call.

Ultimately, I got a "case number" and was told to fax that and a copy of the
invoice that I got from the computer store to a number that he gave me.  They
apparently intend to do some sort of an exchange.  I just sent the fax so we'll
see what happens now.

I told him that my preferred solution would be to get this router working --
after all, if I didn't want it I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.