Eth0 not active at startup

Bob Latham bob.latham at castlehigh.plus.com
Tue Apr 29 08:35:58 UTC 2008

"Patrick O'Callaghan" <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because in F9 the network is managed by Network Manager (and Network
> Manager Dispatcher) which is a different set of scripts. Presumably the
> OP's NM config wasn't set up to manage the eth0 interface.

> If you click on the System->Administration->Services menu in Gnome,
> you'll see NM at the top and network farther down. It's OK to use one or
> the other, just don't mix them.

When I examined the above I found that..

NetworkManager              on
NetworkManagerDispatche     off
network                     off

I wasn't sure what to do so I tried...

Christopher Mocock <chris at wavestore.com> wrote:

> I had the same problem the other day and a helpful poster informed me
> that I had to run:

> chkconfig network on

[snip]

> Anyway, that did the trick for me.

Yes, it fixed mine too. I then looked and found it had switched on
"network" in the above. I don't know if just switching that on would have
done the trick.

Thanks everyone for your help. I expect I'll be back soon with another
problem.

Cheers,

Bob.