pilot and palm sync

Bradley Pursley pursley001 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 13:59:02 UTC 2008

Zoltan Kota wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just got a Palm Z22. I would like to use it with jpilot under
> F8 with the latest updates. I set the device to 'usb:' in jpilot. It
> seems to work as root but not with a normal user! Some permissions?
> What should I check?
> Thanks.
> Zoltan
Someone else gave me the solution to this problem like this:

There are two ways.  The big hammer, and the "right way".

 If you're less interested in keeping some devices inaccessible from a normal
account, a simpler permission scheme will make all USB devices available. In
this latter case, no udev changes are needed, only a file
in /etc/security/console.perms.d/usb.perms:

<usbdevices>=/dev/bus/usb/*/*

<console>  0600 <usbdevices>

The "right way" is to add your device to the file.

Hope this helps.

Bradley