f8: PC dies while using firefox

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Apr 29 15:14:23 UTC 2008

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 10:04 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
> At first, I also thought it was a hardware issue. I checked:
>
> - Bios settings (tried enabling/disabling some stuff)
> - HDD (ran smart tests and xfs_check, xfs_repairs on all of them)
> - Graphics card (tried different drivers)
>
> As long as I don't use firefox, everything is well. I'll try, for a
> period, to use opera or something else... , and leave my PC on.

What version of Flash are you using?

I had an issue related to flash causing my system to freeze.  I have not
seen it for ages.

Also, have you updated to the latest BIOS.  My new desktop would freeze
but once I updated the BIOS, no issues.

I had an issue with my nvidia card on F7 and freezing, even with the nv
driver.  If I sshd into the computer, I would find xorg using most of
the process though.  Same at work with an ATI card.

It is fun trying to trace these issues.

--
Robin Laing