Problem loading Fedora

Darrick Fitzgerald Ward dward at chicagogsb.edu
Tue Apr 29 15:17:32 UTC 2008

I am trying to load fedor 6 on my Dell Dimension 4300 and it keeps getting stuck at Formating/File System.  I am trying to understand how to get pass this or if there is something I need to do.

I know that fedora 6 is old but I could only find fedora 8 on dvd and my pc will not boot from a dvd.  I used to have windows xp on this pc but it crashed and I no longer have any of my pc disc or windows disc after a move I made a year ago.

I am a novice but I am smart and hopefully can start using linux and learn quickly.

Thank you,