Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:42:59 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:

>>> I recall that 'it', this discussion, starts just before a release and
>> continues for weeks. Then it dies only to be resurrected again with the
>> coming of the next  release.  ;-)
>> It actually means that the code in the wild is in pretty good shape when
>> conversations here are philosophical instead of "why doesn't this work?".
>>
> So Fedora has improved over the years....i was starting to wonder why
> anyone used it.

Read the lead in closely.  What actually happens is that each new
release ships new bugs but by the end of it's short life they have
mostly been fixed by updates.  If you've paid attention over the years,
you might also notice a longer cycle where the versions that are
concurrent with each RHEL cut are the most stable, with big changes in
the following fedora release.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com