Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Apr 30 14:37:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:46:41 -0500,
  "David G. Mackay" <mackay_d at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Yes, Fedora is designed to be cutting edge, but that doesn't mean that
> decent QA should just go out the window.

Do you think QA happens by magic? If there are features you really want to
see working then you can make a difference by participating in rawhide.
For example, I wanted to be able to use full disk encryption, so I did a lot
of testing of that feature during the rawhide cycle just ending. I provided
feedback to the anaconda and mkinitrd developers who were able to fix
problems that I ran accross. I did something similar similar when PATA disks
were going to be handled by the same system as SCSI devices. There was
actually an issue with my specific controller card that was fixed by the
time the rawhide cycle ended.

> Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great things about Fedora, but
> it's certainly not above a certain amount of criticism.  It's seemed, at
> times that this thread would have been more aptly named, "Fedora, love
> it or leave it!".

That might actually be an appropiate phrase for Fedora. If there isn't
something you love about Fedora, it probably isn't the right distribution
for you.